Tenure-Track Nursing Instructor Six (6) Openings
|Position Title||Tenure-Track Nursing Instructor Six (6) Openings|
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for six, tenure-track, Nursing Instructors.
The primary responsibility of Nursing Instructors is to facilitate student learning in the classroom and clinical settings. Teaching and workload assignments are scheduled throughout the calendar year, including summer may require evening and weekend obligations at the Redfield campus and at off-campus clinical settings.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Master’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
3. Current or eligible for Nevada Nursing License.
1. Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Certification in a specialty area of nursing.
3. Teaching experience in a post-secondary institution.
|Conditions of Employment||
These are full-time, tenure-track positions reporting to the Director of Nursing.
“B” 172 day contracts are for academic year programs and obligate the faculty member for service during the academic year.
These positions have been identified as difficult to recruit and are eligible for a zero rank, non-tenure track market rate salary placement.
TMCC is an EEO/AA (equal employment opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates. TMCC is an inclusive community and will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals. Qualified veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Instruct students in nursing theory and practice using appropriate course outcomes developed by Nursing and college-wide subject area faculty. Assess student performance in these courses.
2. Assist with curriculum review, revision, and develop new course materials and innovative instructional concepts and techniques designed to facilitate student learning.
3. Apply teaching techniques effective in a laboratory/clinical setting utilizing state of the art delivery systems.
4. Prepare lesson plans, syllabi and course information sheets, create appropriate teaching aids, and arrange provision of instructional materials and activities for student usage in classes and as homework assignments.
5. Attend and participate in non-classroom activities such as faculty development, department, division and community meetings, student advisement, student recruitment, and student retention.
6. Ability to teach or supplement courses via distance education platforms.
7. Assist the program director in mentoring part time faculty.
8. Annually define short term and long term professional development goals designed to remain current in the discipline.
9. Teach 30 credits during the contract time specified. This may include classroom teaching, clinical rotations, laboratory and simulation time as well as office hours, department, college and community meetings.
10. Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
11. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive community college located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. With five college sites and 20 plus community locations, each semester TMCC serves more than 11,000 students in state supported programs and many other students in non-credit programs. TMCC is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting our core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning. A new Health Science Center was recently opened and the Applied Technology Center has been completely renovated. TMCC is located in a beautiful environment rich with outdoor activities within the Great Basin of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It is only a 40 minute drive to Lake Tahoe and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Salary Information||Dependent on Education and Experience|
TMCC offers an excellent fringe benefit package that includes 14.5% matching retirement through TIAA-CREF. Health insurance options are provided to the employee, 11 paid holidays and a tuition reduction at NSHE institutions for employee and dependents. Additionally, there is no state income tax and no social security deduction.
|Job Open Date||03/16/2017|
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Job Category||Academic Faculty|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Where did you find this job posting?
(Open Ended Question)
What is your philosophy and beliefs about the role of the nurse educator and nursing education.
(Open Ended Question)
What do you feel is the role of the nurse educator.
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have a current license to practice nursing in Nevada?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript 2